Sunday, March 24, 2024

Every Journey Begins with a Story




Loretta C. Rogers 

   I write mystery and romance with a little paranormal tossed in.  

Readers can...
    "Expect the Unexpected" 
in my novels.

Welcome to my blog where you will learn something new every time you visit.

 Whether you are a beginning writer or  a published author, or a reader that enjoys good books, there will be fun and inspiring content; contests, and Special Surprises! On this site you will learn about my author friends and their latest news, and everyday friends, contests, book news, newsletters, and photos of things that matter in my life.                               

I am a writer, a wife, a lover of animals, a teacher, a reader, and a genealogist. 

I grew up in an era where children were to be seen and not heard. Books became my safe place; a place where I could live out adventures. The characters, whether human or animal became my best friends. I could share secrets and ideas with them. I could even have imaginary conversations with them. I think this experience is what inspired me to become a writer.

An unexpected fact about me is that in many of my novels I often include incidents with snakes. I think the reason is because I spent thirteen days in the hospital recovering from a rattlesnake bite. I can tell you that being zipped up in a body bag and being covered with ice was a scary experience.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy working crossword puzzles, dining out (who doesn't love to get out of kitchen duty?), traveling, and catching up on my ever growing to be read list.

I enjoy hearing from readers and respond to every comment. So don't be shy. Let me hear from you.


I look forward to hearing from you.

Until We Meet Again...Stay Tuned.

HAPPY READING!

19 comments:

  1. Love it, Loretta! Hope this goes through okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Barbara. It came through great.

      Delete
  2. I found you!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Loretta, your new site looks great! Readers will enjoy the additional access to your thoughts and writings. Have fun blogging. FBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me. Love your positive comments.

      Delete
  4. Your blog/website is working beautifully! And very pretty, too. I did not know you were bitten by a rattlesnake! Snakes are the bane of my existence. **shivers**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dawne, thanks for your kind comments. We're kindred souls in the snake department. I'm really paranoid where they are concerned.

      Delete
  5. Hi Loretta. The new blog is looking great. Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. I appreciate you taking a look and posting.

      Delete
  6. Found you! Also a crossword fan. Venomous snakes, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Woohoo! Love crosswords. I hear you about the snakes.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Liz Flaherty.Blogger pretends not to know me on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is working as it should :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I appreciate your dropping by and commenting.

      Delete
  9. Blog looks great Loretta!

    ReplyDelete

Who is the Monster in the Dark?

  Amazon