Monday, April 29, 2024

WARNING!! Don't Read This (Unless you're curious).

 Hello Readers,

We're waving good bye to April and welcoming the month of May. I'm excited to share with you that book #5 "8 Seconds to Die, " in my Doc Holliday Mystery series, will officially release May 20, 2024. WooHoo!

This book comes with a warning. You won't be able to put it down. Curious?

Book Blurb

When Dr. Tullah Holliday reluctantly agrees to help a former high school bully, now ex-con on parole, and a breeder of rodeo bulls, who is being threatened by a drug syndicate, she finds herself in a world of corruption; especially when she digs up dirt on a dishonest sheriff and his deputy.

From a rattlesnake delivered in a giftwrapped box, to a vicious bull attack, as Tullah puts together the pieces of the case, a killer is preparing to strike again, and this time, it could send this nosy veterinarian to an early grave.

 EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK

Here's a sneak peek at a key scene in "8 Seconds to Die."


You may have guessed that I’m not a regular run-of-the mill woman. Nope, far from it. My name is Tullah Josie Crow Holliday. My grandmother, Tanti Crow, is full Cherokee, and the Mayor of Enigma; a small rural town in southern Kentucky. Josie Waya Crow Holliday was my mother. A renowned artist of Native American art. She was murdered while in New York presenting her work at a major museum. It was shortly after her death that spirit animals began to visit me; sometimes in dreams, sometimes in reality. More often than I’d like, crimes that have already happened or about to happen, come to me in visions. My father, John Henry Holliday, is Enigma’s sheriff. He often relies on my gift to help him solve crimes.

Don’t get me wrong when I say that I’d prefer not to possess this—whatever it is—gift or curse. Nonetheless, it seems I’m stuck with it. Grandmother says I was given this ability long before I was conceived, and that I should treasure it because the Great Spirit Father, from all those born into the Waya (Wolf) clan, he chose me to possess this skill.

In spite of the chill outside, the house suddenly felt claustrophobic. I gathered a shawl and walked to the porch to settle in the swing. In the stillness, I listened to the tiny shrill of a songbird, and its answering call. At times, most often at dusk, I’ve seen the spirits of warriors doing battle, or slaves toiling in the fields. They are visions from a long dead past.

I looked at the purpling sky and lifted my arms upward. “Oh, Father Spirit, and Earth Mother, I have malice in my heart against an old enemy that seeks my help. What should I do?”

Wind blew across the open field. I hugged myself against the chill. It was as if the rustling leaves had a voice and were speaking to me. You take the bull by its horns and a man by his words.

"8 Seconds to Die" is available for preorder. Preorders are hugely helpful so, if you are excited to read "8 Seconds to Die," I hope you will think about preordering today. This will send a message to my publisher that readers are excited to read the book.

A look at the 5 Star Reviews for books #1-4 in the Doc Holliday Mystery Series.




All book available on your favorite reading devise, and in print.



https://allauthor.com/book/87552/8-seconds-to-die-a-doc-holliday-mystery-book-5/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/A-Doc-Holliday-Mystery-8-Seconds-to-Die-Paperback-9781509254910/5512219810

https://books.apple.com/pa/book/8-seconds-to-die/id6479361219?l=en-GB

Reviews are helpful to authors. Thank you for leaving a review of "8 Seconds to Die," or any of my books.

Until Next Time

HAPPY READING!












2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Loretta! Can't wait to get this one. I'm positive it's another quality entry in the Tullah series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Flossie. Fingers crossed that it meets readers' expectations, and more.

      Delete

Who is the Monster in the Dark?

  Amazon